STEP 1: PAPERWORK AND MEDICAL EXAMINATION
At a first appointment with the German Centre, all necessary documents will be translated and application forms will be filled in. You will get comprehensive advice on the procedure and have the chance to clarify any open questions.
We will accompany you to the medical examination nearby, as well as to the Beijing Traffic Bureau in order to schedule an appointment for the theoretical examination.
Original documents to be provided at first appointment:
- Valid foreign driver’s license
- Passport with a valid Visa (must be valid for at least another 3 month)
- Temporary residence registration form
- 4 passport photographs with white background (small, only 1-inch diameter)
STEP 2: TIME TO STUDY
The catalogue of questions for the theory test contains of 1600 questions (True/False and Multiple Choice) in five main categories. The questions have different levels of difficulty – ranging from very easy to very hard. While you will be able to answer a majority of the questions correctly in a first try - others will require some more practice to master. You should plan with roughly two weeks for regular review to be well prepared for the exam.
There are plenty of different resources for self-study available. We recommend the App ‘Drive in China’ (complete version available for iOS and Android for 4,99 US$) – providing all latest questions in different training modes as well as meaningful statistics on your learning progress. We can also provide a print-out version of the test questions in English.
STEP 3: THE FINAL TEST
In a final step you will be accompanied to the Beijing Traffic Bureau on the day of the exam to take the computer-based examination. Currently the exam can only be taken on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (9:30 am or 2:00 pm). To pass you will have to correctly answer 90 out of 100 randomly chosen questions, which may take a maximum of 45 minutes. Don’t be nervous - after diligent preparation you will be able to master the challenge!
You can get your driver’s license by delivery service or pick it up at the German Centre approximately one week later.
THE GERMAN CENTRE BEIJING DRIVING LICENSE SERVICE
The total cost of obtaining the driver’s license will be 1000 RMB (800 RMB for German Centre tenants), payable at the German Centre Beijing. This fee covers the study material, applicable fees, the translation services, medical check as well as support and transportation.
Mr. Zheng Haijian (John), Business Centre Manager
email@example.com | T: +86 10 6590 69-19/-20/-21
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When and where can I take the health-check?
- The health check will be taken at a designated hospital, such as Beijing Chaoyang Hospital. We will suggest a few alternative appointments for you, between which you may choose. German Centre Beijing staff will accompany you to the appointment.
What procedures does the health-check involve?
- Your general health will be checked by means of a body temperature measurement, a weight check and an eye-sight check. The consultation takes about 10 Minutes. You will be consulted by the doctor individually.
How long is the validity of the license?
- The validity of the Chinese driver’s license expires after 6 years.
Can I retake the test?
- Yes. After answering all test questions, you may click “Submit” and the computer will give you your test result right away. If less than 90 questions are correct, you may retake the test again right away. If your test result is insufficient again, you need to wait for a few weeks until you may retake the test.