ONLINE & OFFLINE | LUNCHEON SEMINAR: HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE NEW INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX AND SOCIAL SECURITY INSURANCE RULES
Are you aware of the latest Individual Income Tax and Social Security Insurance changes and what this means for you personally? The German Centre Beijing and German Centre Shanghai in cooperation with TMF Group will present details about the new rules and practical advice for you.
You can attend this luncheon offline, either at the German Centre Beijing or at the German Centre Shanghai. Brenda Qin – Senior Manager of China HR & Payroll Services at TMF Group – will speak to you live from the German Centre Beijing, while Wandy Chan – Head of HR & Payroll Services for Mainland China & Taiwan Market at TMF Group – will welcome you at the German Centre Shanghai. If you cannot make it to either one of the two locations, you can also attend this event online.
Date: Wednesday, 25th November 2020, 12-1.30 p.m.
Organisers: German Centre Beijing & German Centre Shanghai
Partner: TMF Group
Venue: German Centre Beijing | DRC Liangmaqiao Office Building Unit 1101A
German Centre Shanghai | Pudong New Area, Keyuan Road 88, Tower 1, GC Meeting Room 1st Floor.
For online and/or offline at the German Centre Beijing:
Register via: https://www.germancentre.cn/en/news-events/event-registration/
Note: Please state whether you will join this event offline or online, as well as your company name, title and mobile phone number. For online participation you will receive a login link after registration.
For offline at the German Centre Shanghai:
Send email with complete contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch snacks will be served at both venues.
The IIT and SSI seminar will address the following questions:
1. How can HR teams support their employees if they are stuck overseas due to COVID-19?
- Can employers make salary remittances to the overseas bank accounts of their employees?
- If employees spent less than 183 days in China in 2020, how can they convert from a tax resident to a non-tax resident?
2. Certain Tax Exempt Allowances for foreign national employees such housing allowance, language training, and children education will be invalid by the end of 2021.
- How can employers and employees structure existing and new employment contracts in response to the IIT changes?
- What issues do they need to consider? What are fair and balanced solutions? Is there a grandfather clause?
- Are there any other options to achieve IIT savings?
3. What are the new social insurance rules released recently? What are the implications and solutions to cope with the new rules?
Brenda will also discuss in detail China's Social Security Insurance System and the new HR trends on SSI enforcement and collection management of China.
Brenda Qin, Senior Manager of China HR & Payroll Services at TMF Group has in-depth knowledge of HR & Payroll operations, employee equity incentive management and Individual Income Tax (IIT) planning. With more than 15 years working experience in providing services to multinational companies, she has demonstrated her solid strengths as being a critical thinker and adept negotiator who can apply extensive knowledge of local markets and technology domain expertise to ensure the efficiency and compliance of HR & Payroll processes in China. Brenda received a BA in English from the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE).
Wandy Chan, Head of HR & Payroll Services for Mainland China & Taiwan Market at TMF Group, is responsible for the delivery of China's corporate client services focusing on operational excellence, costing, innovation of services and client relationship management. Wandy has also worked for TMF Group in Beijing and Singapore; first joining the company in 2006 as a Client Account Manager.
With more than 17 years' experience in Auditing, Finance and Consulting, Wandy's specialties include Due Diligence, Restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Finance. Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, Wandy holds a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy from Queensland University of Technology in Australia, and is member of CPA Australia.