INTERPRETATION OF HR POLICIES IN THE CONTEXT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
On August 27, David Niu will discuss how companies can adapt their HR polices to properly support their organization admist the changes brought on by the Covid-19 outbreak.
Covid-19’s effects have been felt across all aspects of work life for companies and employees. Travel bans and outbreaks have deeply impacted the way people work, driving companies to adapt their HR practices and policies to fit a new “normal.” Although the impacts of Covid-19 have already been felt for several months, many companies are still struggling to understand how their HR polices can be adapted to properly support their organization.
Join David as he discusses interpretations of HR polices in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. He will examine the impacts the pandemic has had on employees, employers, and expats, and discuss ways companies can “conquer” the pandemic and avoid layoffs through other HR alternatives.
- When: August 27, 2020 | 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Organizer: Dezan Shira & Associates | German Centre for Industry and Trade Beijing
- Language: English
- Registration: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5543396088064067599
- Contact: Ms. Lauren Fujino, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please register before August 25, 2020. Participants will receive a confirmation mail including login link (Go To Webinar) and access information.
- This webinar is free of charge for tenants of German Centre Beijing and clients of Dezan Shira & Associates.
Introduction of the Covid-19 Outbreak
HR policies impacting employees
- Leave related polices, work arrangements, remuneration and benefits, salary, unemployment benefits
HR policies impacting employers
- Social insurance, subsidies for training, remuneration and benefits, employment contract suspension
HR polices for expats
- Travel ban
- New foreign visas
Key considerations and takeaways
- Compliance on salary reductions
- Terminating employment contracts
- Tax changes for expats under the travel restrictions
SPEAKER | David Niu, Senior Manager, Human Resources
David Niu is a Senior Manager in the Human Resources Administration and Payroll Services team at Dezan Shira & Associates. He has over 15 years of experience in HR & Payroll Consulting, Corporate and Personal Tax Advisory, and Corporate Accounting and Finance to multinational enterprises and domestic corporations. He has been awarded a master’s degree in Banking and Finance from the University of Wales in the UK, and still continues to conduct research on the development of the China Service Outsourcing Industry.